Luxury, guided walking tours along the beaches, dunes, cliffs and fynbos on the South Cape coastline near Mossel Bay on the Garden Route.
Explore a part of Earth where modern human behaviour first emerged.
You’ll leave with a new appreciation and perspective of the planet we live on…
…and what it means to be human and a part of Nature!
Explore The Oystercatcher trail
Happy Hiker: 2 nights, 3 days
Limited on travel time?
The Happy Hiker is perfect for those hikers who want to experience the Oystercatcher Trail but don’t have a lot of time on their hands. Hike some the best sections of the Oystercatcher Trail with one of our local guides. Includes 2 hiking days, accommodation and all your meals.
The Oystercatcher Trail: 4 nights, 5 days love affair with nature
4 nights, 5 days. Guided walk from Dana Bay to the Gourits River Mouth. Includes all meals & beautiful accommodation.
The Oystercatcher Trail: It’s a love affair with nature.
- Hike the largely undeveloped South Cape(Garden Route) coastline between Mossel Bay and Gourikwa Private Nature Reserve, crossing the spectacular Gouritz River along the way.
- During the mild winter months, this area is known for its whale activity. Whales come in to give birth in the quiet protected bays. Dazzling us with their displays of breaching and lob-tailing.
- The combination of raptors, marine and Fynbos avian species, makes it a birders paradise.
- Leave your luggage in your comfortable Cottage, so you only need carry a small day-pack on your walk. Making hiking a real pleasure.
- Overnight accommodation in the well appointed guest cottages at Sandpiper Cottages or other establishments of similar quality, in the area.
- Fully catered and self-catering options available.