Drakensberg Hikes operates out of the small town of Estcourt in the Drakensberg Mountains. we specialise in slack packing trails and tailor made trails particularly in the Drakesberg and Natal Midlands but also in all other parts of South Africa
Who is Drakensberg Hikes?
Deon Small – Hiking guide with more than 30 years of hiking experience, be assured that you are in very capable hands during your trip into the Drakensberg Mountains.
Deon specialises in personal attention to detail and customizes all hiking trips to fit your expectations and takes things like dietary restrictions and levels of fitness into account.
Deon holds the following qualifications:
- Registered with the National Department of Tourism (KZN 1945).
- MDT (Mountain Development and Training Trust) accreditation for Advanced Mountain Walking Leader (1611).
- MDT (Mountain Development and Training Trust) accreditation for Abseiling Supervisor Award
- Level 3 First Aid with Wilderness first aid.
- AMAFA accredited Rock Art custodian.
Andrew Attwood – Andrew has been living in the Drakensberg near to Giants Castle for the last 20 years. Andrew has has a passion for hiking in comfort so has concentrated on the slack packing trails. He is also involved in promoting tourism to the Drakensberg for a while now so promoting the slack packing niche is just a next step.
Andrew has a lot in common with Deon so it no wonder they teamed up with Drakensberg Hikes.